We can give you personalized help identifying colleges that are the right match for you.
All colleges are not equal, and rankings don't help much. You need someone who both knows colleges and knows you to help you sort your options out. We'll work with you and your parents to develop a list that is absolutely, positively the right list for you. This is what we'll do in our work together:
- You'll develop a definitive description of your ideal college through a set of exercises designed to get at your true preferences.
- Your Consultant will make an objective assessment of your admissions profile and show you how to use it to make a good estimate of your chances for admissions at any particular college.
- Your parents will be solicited for their ideas about colleges that might be right for you and they'll be asked to set any parameters they have for your college search, like location, cost, and size.
- Your Consultant will develop a list of 15-25 colleges that you should consider based on your "ideal college" and admissions profile, as well as your parents' parameters and ideas.
- You'll do savvy research using methods, tools and resources provided by your Consultant to investigate each of the colleges on the possible list and maybe even identify some that weren't on the list! If you have the opportunity for college visits as a part of your research, you'll learn how to make the most of those visits, including having a set of activities to do "off tour" that will give you real insight into the college.
- Based on your research and visits, we'll work together to winnow your list down to 8-10 colleges where you intend to apply. The list will include colleges where there is a high likelihood of admission ("safety"), a good likelihood of admission ("match/target"), and a low likelihood of admission ("reach/dream").
Want to talk with an Ivey Consultant about working with you to develop your college list? Click here to give us some basic contact information and we'll be in touch to schedule you for our complimentary initial consultation!