Classic Comprehensive Package
Classic Comprehensive Package
For 11th Graders
(Note: this package begins in 11th grade and continues through submission of applications in 12th grade.)
Personalized help from start to finish with all aspects of the college admissions process. You’ll work with your Ivey College Coach to boost and polish your credentials, to put together your right-fit college list, and to prepare and submit standout college applications.
The CLASSIC COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE includes:
Coaching: 12 structured one-on-one coaching sessions with your Ivey College Coach.
- You will be matched with one coach selected just for you and you will work with that coach throughout the process.
- Your coaching sessions will be a mix of extended sessions (lasting 60-75 minutes each) and check-in/review sessions (lasting 30-45 minutes each) and you will focus in each session on topics related to your credentials, your college list, and/or your applications.
- You will have assignments that must be completed before each session.
- Your coaching sessions will be conducted by phone or Skype.
Out-of-Session Support: Your Ivey College Coach is working behind the scenes and is always just an email away.
- Between sessions, your coach does work on your behalf (like identifying colleges for your list or reviewing and writing feedback on your application essays) and you can consult with your Ivey College Coach via email.
- Your coach will also help you stay on top of things by sending you reminders about your assignments and alerts regarding upcoming sessions.
Strategic Advice and Help: Your Ivey Coach will provide you with expert and personalized strategic advice and help on the following critical aspects of the college admissions process:
- An overview of the college admissions process with a month-by-month action plan through submission of your college applications.
- Boosting your credentials — what you can do in 11th and 12th grades to put together your best academic, standardized testing, and activities credentials in the final stretch before you apply.
- Making a right fit college list — suggestions of colleges for you to consider for your college list, assessing your chances for admission, and putting together an appropriately balanced list.
- Preparing and submitting standout applications.
- Developing an overall application strategy.
- Topic selection and 3 rounds of written feedback and editing for essays/short answers of your choice (up to 4000 words).
- Creation of a resume and activities list.
- Full review and polish of 3 applications in their entirety.
- Recommendations for how to make use of the short answers, essays, and other components you have prepared together on your other applications.
Resources and Tools: Everything you need to get the most out of working with an Ivey College Coach.
- A personal, private website to communicate with your coach and manage your application process, including tools for exchanging drafts and other elements of your application with your coach.
- A set of curated articles, blog postings, and presentations related to building credentials and exploring colleges as well as a copy of How to Prepare a Standout Application by Chisolm and Ivey, a book with step-by-step guidance through the college application.
- Inline for College Apps – a digital tool that gives you advice from an Ivey expert on-screen inside the Common Application and college supplements.
- A team of experts working behind the scenes to support you and your Ivey College Coach.