This is your final push! You're so close!
Week 21 To-Dos
- Check your email, voicemail, texts, and snail mail for any communications that relate to applying to college. Read them and take whatever action is necessary.
- Update your parents about what you’re doing. This regular communication will work wonders in your relationship with your parents during this stress-filled year.
- Revise your 9th application.
- Draft your 10th application.
- Interview with colleges.
- Confirm that the early applications you submitted are complete (see Week 20).
- Finalize your 4th scholarship application.
- Verify your CSS/Profile data report and update colleges directly if there are any changes or you spot any errors.
- Prepare for standardized tests.
Tips & Tricks
1. Commit to your final push. Make a pact with yourself to have all of your applications done and ready to submit by November 30.
2. Review your financial aid documents carefully. Fix any errors as quickly as possible, because they can snowball. That would be bad (and potentially expensive) for you.
You can read more tips about things to do after you submit in chapter 22 of our book.
About the Authors:
Alison Cooper Chisolm heads the college admissions consulting practice at Ivey Consulting. She came to private consulting after working in admissions for more than 10 years at three selective universities (Southern Methodist University, University of Chicago, and Dartmouth College).
Anna Ivey is the former Dean of Admissions at the University of Chicago Law School and founded Ivey Consulting to help college, law school, and MBA applicants navigate the admissions process and make smart choices about higher education.
About the 52 Weeks to College Series:
52 Weeks to College is a week-by-week plan for applying to college. It breaks this complex and difficult project down into weekly to-do lists with supporting tips and tricks for getting it all done. Based on the Master Plan for applying to college found in our book, How to Prepare a Standout College Application, 52 Weeks to College is designed for any applicant who intends to apply to top U.S. colleges. For those of you who are just discovering the 52 Weeks series and want to catch up, click here.