Anna Ivey has experienced first-hand the agony of applying to law school, been fortunate enough to attend one, enjoyed a successful career practicing law, and, as Dean of Admissions at the University of Chicago Law School, decided the fate of thousands of applicants just like you. Not only can she help you improve your application strategy, she can also help you find the schools that will make you happiest intellectually, personally, and professionally and counsel you through the process of planning your legal career. No matter where you're headed - academia, an IP law practice, a public interest firm, politics, whatever the case may be - she and her team can help you find the best way to get there.
Every applicant is different, but our services usually include some mix of the following:
- Helping you decide whether a law degree is the best choice for you
- Helping you choose an appropriate list of schools based on your educational and career goals and your admissions chances
- Helping you decide when to apply and, if you decide not to apply right away, helping you maximize your opportunities and develop an action plan to improve your profile in the interim
- Helping you identify your strengths and weaknesses as an applicant and formulate a strategy to best show off those assets and neutralize those weaknesses
- Helping you determine the best timing and preparation strategy for standardized tests
- Helping you ensure that all the parts of your application fit together seamlessly: that you communicate your core messages in the right places and leverage your limited word count to maximum effect
- Helping you choose the most advantageous essay topics and recommenders, improve your writing, and tailor your resume to your application
- Helping you prepare for admissions interviews
- Helping you with waitlist management and
- Helping you decide which offer to accept and whether to defer matriculation
We also help current law students with their educational and career planning, transfer goals, job searches, clerkship applications, and legal writing skills.
To contact Anna Ivey Consulting about law school related services, please click here or call (877) 525-IVEY (4839). Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.