With acceptance rates at the top business school in the low teens, yourbusiness school applications may be your toughest marketing challenge yet. You're probably already familiar with the concept of path dependency, the idea that your future trajectory will depend on previous choices you make. It also means that each decision opens some doors but closes others. Because of the path dependencies involved in applying to business school, you owe it to yourself to do it right. The "soft" parts of your application — the way you present yourself and what you bring to the table — can make all the difference, even if you have less than stellar numbers.
That doesn't make your life any easier, though. Applicants all have their own personal balance sheets — their unique assets and liabilities — but it can be difficult for applicants to make all the pieces of their applications work together as a whole to support their overall message in such limited space. (Ask any entrepreneur: it's much harder to make a good elevator pitch than it is to write a 60-page business plan.) Your job is to convey your comparative advantage — what makes you a better bet than thousands of other accomplished applicants. If you're willing to roll up your sleeves, Anna Ivey's team can help you improve your odds by helping you to present yourself as effectively as possible.
Every applicant is different, but our services usually include some mix of the following:
- Helping you decide whether an MBA is the best choice for you
- Helping you choose an appropriate list of schools based on your educational and career goals and your admissions chances
- Helping you decide when to apply and, if you decide not to apply right away, helping you maximize your opportunities and develop an action plan to improve your profile in the interim
- Helping you identify your strengths and weaknesses as an applicant and formulate a strategy to best show off those assets and neutralize those weaknesses
- Helping you determine the best timing and preparation strategy for standardized tests
- Helping you ensure that all the parts of your application fit together seamlessly: that you communicate your core messages in the right places and leverage your limited word count to maximum effect
- Helping you choose the most advantageous essay topics and recommenders, improve your writing, and tailor your resume to your application
- Helping you prepare for admissions interviews
- Helping you decide which offer to accept and whether to defer matriculation
We are excited to partner with you as you plan and prepare for your management eduation and career!.We encourage you to start the planning process as early as possible to give yourself the most options when it comes time to apply.
Meet our MBA admissions team here.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Read our Code of Ethics here.