College Admissions Services
Getting into college isn’t easy.
You don’t need us to tell you that it’s tough to get into college. The odds seem almost staggering for the best-known colleges: most admit fewer than 10% of those who apply. Even at state universities or lesser known private colleges, it is common for the odds to be against you in admissions.
So how do you get into college? You commit yourself to doing what you need to do to develop your talents and assemble your best record. Then, you choose to apply to colleges where you will thrive. Finally, you submit an application that highlights who you are and what you’ve achieved in a way that appeals to the admissions officer who will make the ultimate decision on your application.
Put that way, it doesn’t seem so overwhelming, but still you know that you aren’t really sure exactly how to do it. You need and want information, advice, guidance, strategies, and tactics for how to do it successfully. That’s where we come in.
We can help.
We can provide one-on-one coaching through all phases of the college preparation and admission process to students and families throughout the US and abroad. What does that mean?
- We can give you personalized guidance with the significant choices and decisions you need to make in high school to prepare for and get into a selective college.
- We can help you develop a personalized application strategy designed to maximize your chances for success and then we can help you execute that strategy and complete your applications with a minimum of stress and drama.
- We can give you confidential, practical advice about specific concerns or sensitive issues particular to your situation.
We recognize that students and families are not all alike, and we want you to get the coaching you need. We have developed a set of consulting packages based on our most requested services, but, we are always happy to customize a package just for you!
Our expertise, coaching methods, and results focus mean that you get the best admissions coaching available.
Simply put, we are among the best of the best in admissions coaching and you benefit from our experience and expertise.
- All Ivey Consultants are highly credentialed professionals with proven track records of working well with students and families. The Ivey Consultant who works with our college applicants is Alison Cooper Chisolm. She has the inside admissions knowledge you need. She has worked as an admissions officer at selective universities, read thousands of applications, and decided who was admitted and who was denied. There is no better person to advise you than someone who really knows what it takes to get in. Click here to read more about Alison.
- Ivey Consultants use methods that take full advantage of technology so that we can be readily available to you. Your coaching sessions will be by conference call or Skype. You’ll also have your own secure collaboration web site accessible only to you, your parents, and your Ivey Consultant. On the site, we’ll be able to keep everyone informed, easily share documents, and monitor our progress. This use of technology means you don’t have to live in the right zip code or country to have a great college coach. It also means we can easily incorporate parents who live apart or travel extensively in the college admissions process. And perhaps best of all, it means you will be able to consult with your Ivey Consultant without adding commuting time, and at hours that work around your schedule, such as evenings and on weekends.
- Your Ivey Consultant has a results focus. She measures her success by your success. She wants you to get into the college that is right for you, so that you can go onto college and thrive. In recent years, at least 90% of those we have coached have gotten into one or more of their top choice schools.
Are you ready to get started?
We begin every relationship with a complimentary initial consultation. It is your chance to speak with an Ivey Consultant, discuss your particular situation and learn how we can help you going forward. It is also your chance to get answers to fundamental questions and determine whether you want to work with an independent college admissions coach and if so, if an Ivey Consultant is the right match for you.
The initial consultation is complimentary. In keeping with our coaching methods, it takes place via a conference call or Skype and usually lasts 30-45 minutes. Because we believe that the best college counseling happens in an informed, family centered context, we ask that the student/applicant and all parents who will be actively involved in the college admissions process participate in the call. The call can be scheduled for an evening on Mondays through Thursdays or on Saturday morning if necessary to accommodate student and parent schedules.
We encourage you to contact us to set up your complimentary initial consultation today. Don’t delay, because we do limit the number of students and families we work with each year.