All that talk by Jack Welch about how important it is to feel passion for your job is the perfect segue into an announcement I want to make about a career workshop I'm co-hosting in NYC in January and February 2008:
How to Choose a Career That's Right For You
Sat. Jan 19 & Sat. Feb 2, 2008
Each from 10am — 3:30pm
NYC Seminar & Conference Center
I'm very excited to be co-hosting this workshop with Sunny Lurie, PhD, founder of Fast Focus Careers. This workshop is designed to help college students and recent graduates discover their career passion, map out a career plan, and avoid years of drifting unhappily from job to job. Older-and-wiser career changers are also welcome!
This will be a rare opportunity to receive undivided attention from a mix of peers, professionals, and career experts to help jump-start your future.
This workshop is perfect for those who:
- Are unclear about what field to pursue.
- Are eager to find a career that's meaningful.
- Are unhappy or uninterested in their current work.
- Need to develop a solid action plan to attain a great career.
- Want help selecting the right major or degree program while they're in school or thinking about going back to school (whether college or graduate school).
- Need support to stay motivated and focused to reach their career goals.
- Want to ensure that their college investment pays off with smart career choices.
- Feel "stuck" in a job.
- Are undecided about what to do after college.
- Are searching for fresh career ideas and are tired of the same old choices.
- Are not pursuing college right now but still want a great career.
- Are worried about how to find a career they'll enjoy.
The workshop will be spread over two Saturdays, 5-1/2 hours each day, for a total of 11 hours exploring you and the working world to discover your career path and help you implement a career plan. There's nothing pie-in-the-sky about this workshop — it's all about concrete steps you can start taking immediately. (Be prepared to roll up your sleeves... and there will be homework.)
- Identify your strengths and interests.
- Combine the wildly different talents you have into an exciting career path.
- Complete the steps to chart your career path.
- Explore thousands of different jobs, trends, and career blends to generate new ideas.
- Connect with others so you don't go through this process alone.
- Use peer and expert brainstorming to help you make the right decisions.
- Learn networking tips to use immediately.
- Learn how the right career choice dramatically affects your lifetime income, happiness, and lifestyle.
Fast Focus Careers will handle registration, and seating will be limited (we expect to cap the workshop at 20 people). Spots will fill up quickly, so if you'd like to join us, click here to register.